Books Have Purpose
The purpose of a book
What is the meaning of your book?
What is your intention with it?
What do you want to achieve with you book?
Every book must have a purpose. The questions above are very important and must be answered before an author starts writing.
· Why do you think people must read your book?
· What will it give back to them?
· If you don’t write this book, will it still not bring your message out to others or are there enough similar topics like yours?
· Will your book be different from the others?
When a book has a purpose, readers finish the last page and feel the author has fulfilled his or her promises.
What is the main purpose of a book?
· Inspire the reader, maybe to change.
· Persuade reader.
· To share knowledge about something.
· To inform readers about a topic or something.
· To examine a particular issue/topic/theme.
· Entertain. Just to let readers escape from reality like in fiction books.
What is the message of a book?
A story's message, or theme, is what the author wants to teach you through his or her writing. Some stories have a specific kind of message called a moral, or a life lesson. You can find the message of a story by looking at the characters' actions and focusing on what’s repeated throughout the story.
Decide what the book is about
Good writing is always about something or someone. Write the theme of your book in a sentence, then stretch that out to a paragraph, and then to a one-page outline. After that, write a table of contents to help guide you as you write, then break each chapter into a few sections. Keep your theme and purpose in mind as you write.. Keep
Does your book have a purpose that promises to benefit your readers?
People must have a purpose in life to fulfil. If not, they are like a fading flower. The same with your book.
Your story must drive you to tell it to others.
Your story must have an impact on the lives of those who read it.
Your reader must ask: what will the benefit be for me by reading this book?
What will the outcome be that the author promises?
Create a statement as the purpose of your book.